Those Italians know a thing or two about what brings families and friends together to celebrate life. Great food does, sharing stories, and let's not forget: i dolci!
Speaking of desserts, who's in for Panna Cotta with fresh summer fruits?
Today I'm sharing my no-fail recipe for this classic dessert, the vanilla infused Panna Cotta. So go ahead, call your beloved and gather in the garden for casual impromptu al-fresco entertaining. #thisishappiness
Preparation time: 15 min - Ready in: 2 hours
Portions: Serves up to 6 people
1 vanilla bean
2 gr of agar agar
1 teaspoon of water
5 dl crème fraîche
45 gr of granulated sugar
What you'll need:
a mold of your choice / oven dish
a small bowl
Happiness is.. making delicious foods and sharing them with people you love
RECIPE FOR Panna Cotta with fresh summer fruits
- Split the vanilla bean
- Heat up the crème fraîche in a saucepan and the split vanilla bean (and its seeds)add the sugar, let it come to a boil
- Add a tablespoon of water to the agar agar in a small bowl, mix it until it's a gel-like consistency
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the agar agar gel
- Stir the mixture until it's smooth
- Pour it into the mold(s) of your choice and leave to set in the fridge for 2 hours
- Remove the panna cotta from it's mold(s) by running your knife around the edges of the panna cotta. Turn the mold(s) carefully over to let the panna cotta slip onto a serving plate. If it doesn't come out simply place the mold in warm water for a couple of seconds
- Serve with fresh summer fruits and if desired a coulis or sauce of your liking
Some ideas for fruits: Nectarines, plums, cherries, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, apricots or candied lemon peel / zest
Some ideas for sauces: Salted Caramel, Raspberry coulis
Did you love making this recipe? How did you like the Panna Cotta? Are you using it to make your own version with a twist? Tell me your thoughts, share your food story in the comments.
I hope you'll enjoy this refreshing panna cotta!
Alla prossima! x Anaïs